Wednesday 4 March 2009

Raiders of the Lost Archives

Now here’s a random thing. Imagine receiving an email from a client you worked with over 16 years ago - a plea in fact. In the interests of client confidentiality, I cannot reveal the person who sent this request, but Exorcist Man – you know who you are.

“Someone, whilst being very diligent during a tidying the office moment, has accidently managed to file forever (binned) the posters you created for us. Having now calmed down a bit, the only way I can think of sorting things is to ask if you keep the posters on file anywhere?

If you do, I was wondering if I could have copies and get them hung on the wall, as this would seem to be a) the only way I prevent this happening again and b) a nice way to decorate our pretty plain looking office.

I appreciate that this is a long shot, but I’m asking in the hope that you file things for as long as we do.”


Well I’m amazed he’d kept the stuff so long, must have liked them!
We’re hunting through our extensive storage facility for copies. No, not some massive hangar like the one in the closing scenes of Raiders of the Lost Ark, but a mound of very old and probably obsolete DAT tapes that might contain the original artwork. Fingers crossed.

Over and out.

Amanda Kelly
Client Services Director

No comments:

Post a Comment